|Season 1, Episode 5 |
#5 in series (201 episodes)
|TV series||The Cosby Show|
|Guest star(s)||Kadeem Hardison ... as Phillip Washington |
Cassandra Murray ... as Melissa James
Sonia Bailey ... as Christine
|Original airdate||October 18, 1984|
|IMDB||A Shirt Story|
|Is That My Boy?||Breaking With Tradition|
A Shirt Story is the fifth episode of Season 1 of The Cosby Show. The episode was directed by Jay Sandrich and written by John Markus. The episode originally aired in the United States on NBC on Thursday October 18,1984.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Theo gets a shirt that cost too much, so Denise makes him an "Exact" replica. Well....ALMOST!!
Plot[edit | edit source]
Theo wants to impress a girl by wearing an expensive shirt by designer Gordon Gartrelle. Since Cliff and Clair will not pay for it, Denise offers to make a copy of the shirt for him.
Did You Know?[edit | edit source]
- Kadeem Hardison, who years later would portray Dwayne Wayne on the Cosby Show spinoff, A Different World, makes a guest appearance as Phillip. The name "Gordon Gartrelle" was taken from a staff member, who eventually became a writer/producer for The Cosby Show during the final two seasons of the series.
- The name of the designer of the expensive shirt Theo buys is Gordon Gartrelle, which is actually the name of a producer on The Cosby Show.
Episode scene quotes[edit | edit source]
- Cliff: No 14 year old boy should have a $95 shirt unless he is on stage with his four brothers.
Is this interesting? | Share this
- Clair: Theo, wear a jacket.
- Theo: And cover my Itchy Amorada?
- Denise: [Theo's complaining about the shirt fitting horribly] Well maybe if you tuck it in a little...
- Theo: [through gritted teeth] It's tucked into my socks!
- Cliff: No 14-year-old boy should have a ninety-five dollar shirt, unless he is on stage with his four brothers!